1. This product can be absorbed from the oral mucosa and selectively act on the smooth muscle of the uterus to promote uterine contraction. It is suitable for stimulating birth and slowing labor. The effect is the same as that of oxytocin after intravenous infusion. It is contraindicated for women with pelvic stenosis, a history of uterine surgery (including caesarean section), excessive labor pain, obstruction of the birth canal, premature abruption of placenta, and severe pregnancy poisoning.
2. Uterine contraction drugs. Used for uterine bleeding caused by labor induction, induced labor, postpartum and abortion due to uterine weakness. Nasal drops can promote milk discharge.
3. Physiological effects
(1) Effect on the mammary glands: The breast during lactation continuously secretes milk under the action of prolactin, which is stored in the acinars of the mammary glands. Oxytocin can make the myoepithelial cells around the breast acinar contraction, and promote the lactation function of breast milk.
(2) Effect on the uterus: Oxytocin has a strong effect on promoting contraction of the uterus, but the pregnant uterus is more sensitive. Estrogen can increase the sensitivity of the uterus to oxytocin, while progesterone does the opposite.
(3) The effect on social shyness and autism: Oxytocin can help people who are left out because of shyness in social situations overcome social shyness. But oxytocin nasal spray does not work for people who are already confident.
(4) When the mood is cheerful or there is a strong sense of belonging, the hypothalamus synthesizes oxytocin, the pituitary gland secretes oxytocin, and the stress is relieved. At the same time, the amount of oxygen supplied to the tissues in the body has greatly increased.